We are looking for a dynamic, fun, and self-motivated individual to join our team on a casual / part-time basis: 12 - 18 hours per week (2 - 3 shifts).
This is a keyholder position.
Spruce is a boutique in Toronto's historic Cabbagetown neighbourhood. Since 2013, we have offered a uniquely curated collection of home goods, fine art, personal care, and vintage items both in-store and online. Our shop offers excellent customer service that is delivered in an intelligent, friendly, and casual manner. We are as comfortable speaking about the intricate differences in candle fragrances as we are helping a customer choose the perfect wedding gift, or discussing different styles of vintage design. Every day is a good mix of friends, neighbourhood locals, new and old clients. Our small team consists of a handful of exceptionally talented and hardworking folks who don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever needed.
Spruce is a Queer owned and operated space. We have a small, but mighty, Mini Dachshund who is in the shop regularly.
Sales and Customer Service
- Greet and engage every customer that walks through the door.
- Know every product inside and out and be able to tell the story behind it.
- Help grow our customer base by adding customers to our email list.
- Be comfortable speaking on the phone.
Merchandising and Maintenance:
- Keep the floor fully stocked and free of dust.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized stock area.
- Maintain, clean, and organize sales floor and front desk area.
- Learn to operate our POS system - Lightspeed.
- Be able to prepare, pack, and ship online orders, and special orders.
- Maintain organized request book for backorders and special requests.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels on our website and Facebook pages.
- Be comfortable working an active 8 hour shift.
- Availability during the week and on Sundays.
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance including sweeping, mopping, garbage carry-out, general tidying.
- Ability to safely lift boxes and furniture up to 50 lbs.
- Previous sales experience is advantageous, but no experience and a killer attitude is welcomed.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone.
- Ability to effectively work with team.
$15 per hour, 40% staff discount, consistent set schedule (with flexibility).
How to Apply:
Please email resume and (optional) covering letter to: email@example.com or deliver in-person to Spruce.